Hurricane Harvey is leaving the coast and heading back out to sea. The National Weather Service is predicting that Harvey will return for a second landfall near the Louisiana border. Harvey has already caused catastrophic flooding in Texas resulting in 5 deaths and 12 injuries. Friday President Donald Trump approved disaster relief or the state of Texas or as he put it “…which unleashes the full force of government help!” and Today approved aid for the state of Louisiana. The whole nation will feel the effects of the storm at the pump as gas prices are projected to rise 15 cents per gallon
- Historic Level 4 Hurricane causing catastrophic flooding in Texas.
- 5 deaths and 12 injuries have been reported so far.
- Harvey is a slow moving storm causing massive damage.
- Texas has requested and is likely to need federal assistance.
- FEMA estimates 450,000 people will seek disaster assistance due to Harvey.
- President Trump signed a disaster proclamation for the state of Texas on Friday and today approved federal relief for Louisiana.
- Storm is going out to sea and is forecasted to return to land near the Texan-Louisiana border.
- Record Rainfall of 52 inches in Cedar Bayou.
- More reports of towns under water as storm progresses north.
- Death toll rises to 30 as Harvey surges forward.